Saturday, May 30, 2009

back from vegas!

toknewhorses1

I just came back from 2,5 days in Las Vegas where we went to celebrate Chris's new "Dr" status. It was my second time visiting the place and again, it felt like a whole different planet. :D I am not at all a gambler, but the sight of the giant Black Pyramid of the Luxor and the illuminated strip extending to the horizon from the room on the 31st floor does something to me - I feel a bit like Axel! :D

It was pretty hot too, and after the foggy cold of San Francisco these past weeks it definitely felt very good. And of course, since Las Vegas is about entertainment, we have seen/done some crazy stuff... like the Tournament of the Kings - which is a dinner in a huge arena where you witness "kings" fighting while galloping full speed and interacting with a re-make of King Arthur as you eat a complete dinner with your fingers shouting every now and then "Huzzzaaaaah!!!!"

We also visited the Secret Garden in the Mirage Hotel and I must say that I was pretty amazed at the quality of the facility and the care to animals of the stuff.

dolphin1

tiger1

They have a huge pool for dolphins (several of which were born there) and it was completely amazing and moving to see the kind of interaction the dolphins have with their caretakers. If I had several lives, I caught myself thinking that I would have loved to work at a place where they take care of the animals and reinsert them in their natural habitat. They also have amazing white tigers (the size.. the size!!!!!!!!) - did you know that they have a big white dot behind each ear? It is super cute! :D

So that's it for now - back to work for me!!! :D

PS: I totally borrowed the pics from the net - forgot my camera..... arrrg!!!! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment